Presented by: Graeme Lindup, Glen Koorey (CAN)
Before June 2012, we need to decide what ongoing work we would like to do for NZTA.
Last May's bid had a lot of 'safer road user behaviour' components, which didn't get picked up, including:
- develop/disseminate Share The Road guidance
- provide specific guidance for various interactions
- share the path guidance
- provide material on legal situations, especially grey areas
- guidance on implementing lower speed limits
- develop material for Councils etc.
- provide variety of media for key messages
- road user training workshops
- focus on obligations of both cyclists and other road users
Brainstorming for NZTA proposal- more ideas:
- Single website for resources- with separate branding. Could have local sub-pages- though would be hard to maintain.
- Resources (including print, video)- best practice (situations, guidance); legal/Road Code. Cycle Aware Wellington and Cycle Action Auckland are already working on video resources.
- Speed limit reduction: process/website; success stories
- Getting school kids to produce short video clips on getting more kids cycling
- Resource for new commuter cyclists