Wellington, 16-17 March 2024
Venue: Sustainability Trust, 2 Forresters Lane, Te Aro, Wellington
Welcome to CAN Do, CAN's get-together. The weekend includes workshops, training, rides, plenty of food and drink, and a chance to catch up with fellow bike advocates from around New Zealand.
You will supercharge your advocacy skills, with training on effective messaging, networking, and campaigning.
The critical component is networking and making connections with other like minded people from across the motu. This is an excellent opportunity to share stories, learn and become a better advocate!
Registration fee $50 to cover venue, catering etc. .
Saturday 16 - bike tours to explore Wellington's new bike lanes. Evening meal together.
Sunday 17 - meet at Sustainability Trust
We're working on a programme of networking, training, rides, and hospitality.
We'll have sessions from:
- Miriam Moore, Women in Urbanism
- Alex Dyer, Picnics in Parks tactical urbanism
- David Tripp from Hutt Cycling Network, on advocating for better biking as part of RiverLink
- Richard Young and others, immersive interactive session on enabling cycling on the Auckland Harbour Bridge
- TBC bike advocates from Auckland, Waikato, and Taranaki
- Wellington City Council rep on how they are building a city-wide network of protected bike lanes
- Christopher Dempsey updating us on changes to the Incorporated Societies requirements
Please get in touch with your suggestions.