CAN's Annual General Meeting will be held on the Sunday morning of the CAN Do, 14th April 2013 at 11.00 am.
The venue will be the Pioneer Womens' Hall, Cnr High St and Freyburg Place, Auckland CBD. For more details, see the CAN Do page.
For your information, here are the minutes from the 2011 CAN AGM.
Also, here is a copy of CAN's Rules (aka Constitution).
The audited accounts for the 2011-2012 financial year have been attached as a PDF file.
Review of Previous Minutes; AGM 2011 and SGM 2012.
Office holders' reports:
Election of officers:
Election of the CAN Committee
Appointment of auditor
Notices of motion
Status of Rule 5.3.
Any Other Business?
End of meeting.
Nominations are open for the CAN committee. We need to elect a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer and 3-5 other committee members. More information on what being on the committee is all about is available here.
It has been suggested that more detail was given in advance about people nominated for the Committee, so this year we have a nomination form (see below), which should also be sent to the secretary.
If you would like to make a nomination, please copy the text below and paste it into an email or other document, so you can email or print and post it to us (CAN, PO Box xxxx, Wellington). Email is preferred!
Note: it's fine to nominate yourself!
- Name & contact details (email, phone, address) of person you are nominating:
- Your name & contact details:
- Has the person you are nominating accepted the nomination? Yes/No
- Short biographical note about the nominee (max. 200 words):
- Supplementary information, e.g. why you think this person should be elected to the CAN Committee (max. 200 words):
Billy W (Hamilton)
Nominated by: self-nominated
Background info excerpted from Billy's CV:
- Currently co-ordinates Big Adventures' programme.
- Has well established relationships with stakeholders in local government, health, education, environmental and social services sectors
I am keen to be involved with CAN, on the committee at a national level.
Existing committee members who are re-standing for election:
- Graeme Lindup (New Plymouth)
- Stephen Wood (Alexandra)
- David Hawke (Christchurch)
Notices of motion
If you would like to propose any notices of motion for the AGM, please email them to us (email@example.com) by 30th March, so we can post them up here on the website giving members the required 14 days notice.
Can't make it to the AGM?
If you can't make it along to the AGM, and would like to send your apologies, or if you would like to vote by proxy on any of the motions being put forward, just let the secretary know by email beforehand.