CAN's Annual General Meeting will be held on the Saturday afternoon of the CAN Do, 29 October 2011 at 4.20 pm.
The venue will be the Auckland Point School, 111 Haven Road, Nelson. For more details, see the CAN Do page.
Review of Previous Minutes.
Office holders' reports:
Election of officers:
Election of the CAN Committee
Appointment of auditor
Notices of motion
Any other business?
End of meeting.
Nominations are open for the CAN committee. We need to elect a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer and 3-5 other committee members. More information on what being on the committee is all about is available here.
It has been suggested that more detail was given in advance about people nominated for the Committee, so this year we have a nomination form (see below), which should also be sent to the secretary.
If you would like to make a nomination, please copy the text below and paste it into an email or other document, so you can email or print and post it to us (CAN, PO Box 6491, Auckland). Email is preferred!
Note: it's fine to nominate yourself!
- Name & contact details (email, phone, address) of person you are nominating:
- Your name & contact details:
- Has the person you are nominating accepted the nomination? Yes/No
- Short biographical note about the nominee (max. 200 words):
- Supplementary information, e.g. why you think this person should be elected to the CAN Committee (max. 200 words):
Existing committee members who are re-standing for election
- Jane Dawson (Wellington)
- Anne Fitzsimon (Nelson)
- Graeme Lindup (New Plymouth)
- Elaine Richardson (Lower Hutt)
- Stephen Wood (Alexandra)
Julie Roe (Hamilton)
Nominated by: self-nominated
Background info excerpted from Julie's CV:
- Currently co-ordinates Bigfoot Adventures' Hamilton Cycle Safety programme. This involves contracting, training, guiding and supporting Cyclist Skills Training Instructors. Also liaising with School Management Teams, Year 6 students and Hamilton City Council.
- Has well established relationships with stakeholders in local government, health, education, environmental and social services sectors
- Experienced in all aspects of meetings protocol, I am fully conversant with governance and committee structure and process, also reporting procedures
- successfully managed the development of the Horsham Downs to Hamilton Walking & Cycling Path, winner of the Celia Wade-Brown award for community 'can-do' at the 2010 Golden Foot Awards 2010
- recently developed and co-ordinate Horsham Downs School Walking School Bus
- took much responsibility for the development, implementation and growth of HCC's Walking School Bus programme
- initiated and developed Plunket Active! Walking Group, Babes on Bikes, Tod Squad and Active Kids
- strong background working in the ‘not for profit' and voluntary sector at a managerial level
I am keen to be involved with CAN, on committee at a national level. My skills and passion lie with community walking and cycling projects and working with volunteers. I currently coordinate an on-road cycle safety programme for Year 6 students here in Hamilton and am one of the instructors newly qualified (through Skills Active) to train and assess
Notices of motion
If you would like to propose any notices of motion for the AGM, please email them to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 October, so we can post them up here on the website giving members the required 14 days notice.
One notice of motion has been received. It has been proposed by the committee as a result of a resolution of the 2010 AGM. The motion is
"That the fee for supporting organisations be set at $250/year for organisations with more than 100 paid employees and $85/year for other supporting organisations"
Can't make it to the AGM?
If you can't make it along to the AGM, and would like to send your apologies, or if you would like to vote by proxy on any of the motions being put forward, just let the secretary know by email beforehand.