Notice of a Special General Meeting of the Cycling Advocates' Network Incorporated
As per Rule 5.5 of the approved Rules, the Committee of the Cycling Advocates' Network Incorporated (CAN) is calling a Special General Meeting.
As per Rule 5.6 of the approved Rules, the Committee is giving at least 28 days notice of this Special General Meeting to its Affiliated and Supporting Organisations and at least 14 days notice to its Members.
The Special General Meeting is to be held during the evening of the 15th May 2012 commencing at 7.30pm. The form of the meeting, for those who want to participate on the 15th will be a phone-in teleconference using an 0800 number. The CAN committee is not expecting its members to travel to a meeting room just for the purpose of the SGM (teleconferences is how the committee largely operates throughout the year). To keep the teleconfering cost to a minimum, we encourage members to get together and phone from one place to join in but if that is not possible, don't hesitate to phone in.
Details of how to join the teleconference will be sent out with the other information listed below 14 days prior to the SGM.
The purpose of the meeting is two fold:
- To confirm the audited accounts for the financial year ending 30th June 2011 that were not available at the last Annual General Meeting held in Nelson on the 29thOctober 2011.
- To approve changes to the Rules within Section 5 "General Meetings" and Section 10 "Control and Investment of CAN Funds". These proposed changes have come about from:
- Inconsistencies in the Rules arising from the change in the financial year (passed at the 2009 AGM) from the 31st December to the 30th June.
- Requirements from CAN now being a Registered Charity as well as being an Incorporated Society.
A further notice providing:
- Electronic links to:
- The agenda for the meeting,
- The auditor's report.
- A full explanation of the proposed rule changes.
- Details on how to participate in the meeting as per Rule 5.7 "As Members are geographically spread throughout New Zealand, each Member must be informed of the issues relating to each resolution with the notice of the Annual or Special General Meeting. Members will be able to cast their vote in person, by fax, by mail, by e-mail or by a conference call link. Only votes received in time for each resolution will be counted. Voting by those present shall be by show of hands but any Member may demand a secret ballot",
Will be sent out to CAN's Members at least 14 days prior to the Special General Meeting as per Rules 5.6 and 6.1.
David Hawke (Acting Secretary)
Graeme Lindup (Chair)
Cycling Advocates' Network