CAN submission on WCC Shelly Bay Development
This is a bad deal for Wellington. Why?
- severe negative impacts on people walking and cycling
- undermines investments in Cobham Drive walking and cycling route
- creates a 4km gap in the Great Harbour Way
- opaque process
- loss of public space
- what other options have been investigated?
- creates a car-dependent suburb
- poor alignment with Wellington's urban growth plan - creates legal risk over consenting process
- failure to provide social housing
- development is vulnerable to sea level rise
- sends a message that Wellington is not serious about mitigating climate change
- risk over escalating infrastructure costs
See attached PDF for the full submission