I noted that there is no venue selected for the CAN DO. Today I sugesed to Patrick the Belmont Memorial Hall in Lower Hutt. Although it is in the Hutt rather than Wellington proper it has several advantages:
- Close the the recently improved Hutt River Trail. Recently upgraded with a sealed bike track
- plenty of fabulous picnic spots.
- Close to train and bus routes and SH2
- Cheap, we could even ask Hutt City Cuncil to supply it free of charge
- Parking-a-plenty (scoff, scoff)
There are neat options for an extended ride from the Hutt to the Wairarapa via the Rimutaka incline or take the train to Carterton or Masterton and ride any number of marvellous routes. Easy access to motels and hotels or plenty of opportunity for billets, I am sure.