Wellington City Council – Employment opportunity
Sustainable Transport Coordinator
The Transport Unit is responsible for planning an effective, efficient and safe transport network to all road users throughout Wellington. We are looking for a person who can understand and manage the challenging demands on our transport network with a view towards improving sustainability. Someone who can use effective travel demand management tools to effect behaviour change in the community. This role includes:·
- Planning, managing and delivering a range of initiatives to assist the community in making decisions to support sustainability in our transport system.·
- Working closely with schools, tertiary institutes and other organisations to support the travel planning process.·
- Championing walking, cycling and public transport within the community.·
- Working closely with our transport safety education coordinator on road safety promotion.·
- Working closely with a wide range of people, communities and interest groups in order to reach acceptable solutions to Transport challenges.
To be part of our successful team you will need:·
- To be a thinker.·
- Experience in analysing data and statistical information as tools in achieving objectives.·
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. ·
- Enjoy delivering high quality customer service and constantly facing challenging problems.·
Related experience in education, marketing and road safety would be an advantage. Contact Judy Woodham-Hearst on (04) 803-8032 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Apply via our website or send your application and CV to: Judy Woodham-Hearst, Wellington City Council, PO Box 2199, Wellington. Applications close 9am Monday 21 September 2009.