TARC's Bikes-On-Board program is a great way to get around Louisville. Load your bike on a bike rack-equipped bus, and you'll be on your way.
- TARC's bike racks are very easy to use. It takes less than 10 seconds to load your bike. Please carefully read and follow the instructions below:
- For safety reasons, the driver will not get off the bus to assist you.
- Bikes are mounted at your own risk. TARC is not responsible for theft or damage while your bike is on the bus rack.
- Each bike rack can carry two (2) bikes.
- Remove any loose items that could fall off (tire pump, water bottle, etc.).
- Always load (and unload) your bike from curbside, never from the traffic lane.
- Let the driver know that you want to load your bike.
- Squeeze the handle and pull down to lower the rack.
- Lift your bike onto the rack position nearest the bus, handlebars towards the curb.
- Pull the support arm out and up over the top of your bike's front tire.
Loading your Bike
- Tell the driver that you are going to unload your bike.
- Pull the support arm off the front tire and lift the bike off the rack.
- Important: return and lock the rack in the upright position.
Unloading your Bike