Have your say before 20 September, or we'll end up with another rubbish street for cycling.
Attached is the leaflet from Memorial Park Alliance on what's proposed for Victoria St. We have until Saturday 20 Sept to have our say.
The current design is badly flawed. It will be rubbish for people on bikes.
Have your say
Please make a submission to email@example.com and cc: Andy.Foster@wcc.govt.nz
making these points
- Victoria St needs to include protected cycle lanes
- it's a main southbound route to Brooklyn, Aro Valley etc
- bikes sharing with buses and 4 lanes of general traffic is not consistent with WCC's vision for Wellington
- current design lacks protected cycle lanes
- people on bikes do not want to mix with buses on busy 50 km/h arterial roads
- it's unacceptable to spend $11 million on this project and not adequately provide for cyclists
- poor consultation - just 1 week, and nothing on WCC website
- why the rush?
Have your say before 20 September, or we'll end up with another rubbish project.