The NZ Transport Agency's Favourite Places to Ride competition is back for 2017. Nominate your favourite bike rides in New Zealand and help others discover world-class routes that might be in their own back yard.
Go to nzta.govt.nz/favplaces #nzfaveplaces
- Nominations will be open until Wednesday 31 May and the winners will be announced in early June.
- The categories for this year’s competition are:
- Urban ride (This category recognises rides around your town or city including new urban cycleways and shared paths)
- Nga Haerenga – The New Zealand Cycle Trail
- Off-road or adventure ride (This category recognises off-road trails and mountain bike tracks)
- Community facility (E.g. Bikes in Schools tracks, community bike parks and velodromes)
- This year, the competition has a new Top Town award, which will go to the city or town that receives the most nominations across all of the categories.
- Last year 12,000 nominations were made by kiwis who are passionate about their biking.
- Simply by taking part Kiwis go in the draw to win their share of $1000 in bike shop vouchers.
- To find out more and to nominate your favourite places to ride, visit www.nzta.govt.nz/favplaces
- Favourite Places to Ride is part of the Government’s commitment to making cycling a safer and more attractive transport option for New Zealanders. Through Kiwis sharing their favourite routes it helps to encourage more New Zealanders to get out on their bikes and discover new rides in their community and around New Zealand.
Thursday, 13 April, 2017