Key points of our submission
We support both of the rapid transport options - BRT and LRT. However, we want to see the
following become part of the chosen option:
● separated cycle lanes along the entire transport spine
● bikes allowed on public transport vehicles
● bike parking at main stations and the termini.
We have a proposal for:
● rerouting public transport away from the Golden Mile to make this a pedestrian / cycle only
We have a question about:
● how the proposed cycle routes on Kent / Cambridge Terraces fit with the possible
mitigation for the Basin Bridge offered by NZTA.