North Taranak Cycle Advocates
3 Sept 2014
Present: Nigel, Alan, Graeme, Nathaniel, Joelle, Stuart
1. Nathaniel update on Let's Go
- tenders have been issued to revise inlet to Bell Street (for Witt access)
- walkway to be extended to other side of Mangati Street
- Carrington St (near Vogeltown pharmacy) undertaken to move crossing point further north
- Consultation has been undertaken to widen bike lane where traffic turns into Carrington
- South Road upgrade (including two crossing points) has been approved
- Pine trees have been cut along Northgate at Vickers road.and Carl talking about moving bridge at Girls' High.
- Pedestestrian crossing planned on Breakwater Road (near Motorua School).It would have to continue across railway tracks and they're waiting for consent from Kiwi Rail.
- Also looking at upgrade between on Devon St Blagdon and Belt Road - removing some carparks and insetting some to make them safer for cyclists
- Bonithan Intermediate to be one lane connecting to concrete path leading to Devon St crossing point. At present kids are walking through carpark.
- Huatoki Walkway extension nearly finished.
2. Joelle's update
- organising cycle trainings in Stratford and South Taranaki
- organising 3 On Your Bike senior rides for International Day of the Older Person in New Plymouth, Hawera and Stratford. She's getting local groups on board to help keep the annual rides going.
- Planning bicycle event for 2015 Taranaki anniversary weekend.
3. Big bike fix-up (Waitara Sat 13 Sept)
Joelle and Alan both helping with fix-up. Joelle's daughter Juliette willing to do face painting with proper facepainting gear.
4. Frocks on Bikes event featured in Rhodendendron Festival program - have to purchase tickets to attend.