North Taranaki Cycle Advocates
1 Oct, 2014
Present: Graeme, Joelle, Stuart
1. Future funding of Let's Go projects (after funding runs out July 2015)
Discussed recently annnounced Urban Cycle Fund providing $100 million in grants over 4 years
Action: Graeme will speak to Carl whether NPDC is applying for some of this funding.
2. Joelle reported on
- “Sign Day” event last Sunday for new Mangamahoe mountain bike trails - well attended with 60 people plus volunteers.
- trail building workshop at Sport Taranaki at 7 pm Mon 6 Oct.
- Carol Bush from Lets Get Going has heard from the Hawera BMX Club that about 15 young children, some on strider bikes are attending the very popular weekly club night
- On Mon 6 Oct NP Cycling Club is offering a Have a Go at Track Cycling Day at the Velodrome from 9-12. At 11 am demonstration of track cycling by experienced cyclists.
- On Thursday 9 Oct senior ride at 9.45 am at Eastend Car Park to Te Rewa Rewa Bridge and back.
- On Tues 14 Oct senior ride in Hawera
- On Tues 21 Oct senior ride in Stratford.
- Cycling skills training for Term 4 is totally booked.
- Frocks on Bikes ride postponed to Sunday 12 Oct
- Frocks on Bikes ride scheduled as part of Rhododendron Festival on Sun 9 Nov. Participants have to pre-register through TAFT. Tickets are $20 and cover entry to Hirst Garden, bubbly, finger food and musicians
3. Cycle safety review - deadline 17 Oct
Action: Graeme will circulate some general comments about the review for feedback.
4. Summer ride after work - discussed Huatoki walkway and Tukapa Street as possibilities.
Action: Graeme will ask Carl when the Hutatoki walkway will be finished and if there are any specific sities where he wants cyclists' feedback.