Key points of our submission:
● We strongly support option 2 – kerbside cycle lanes.
● We support the installation of busstop bypasses, with no preference for whether bus
shelters are on the footpath or island side.
● We strongly encourage you to revisit your intersection designs, and upgrade intersections
to the same level as the cycle lanes.
● We strongly encourage you to revisit your proposal to do nothing through the shopping
area (between Medway St & Avon St), as we believe there is room for a northbound cycle
lane to mitigate the danger from angle parking.
● We recommend you work with the two local primary schools to design an extension of the
route to reach these schools (via Mersey & Clyde Streets).
● We encourage you to run an education campaign or use temporary signage to instruct
road users on the correct usage of the cycle lanes.
● We also encourage you to put in place a maintenance plan.