Key points of our submission:
- We encourage you to plan for significantly increased bicycle use when developing the public transport spine, and ensure these two modes are properly integrated.
- We’ve identified a few key ways you could better integrating cycling with buses and trains.
- We strongly support the construction of the Paekākāriki-Raumati South walkway/cycleway.
- We strongly support all other initiatives to encourage and support more people to make sustainable and active transport choices.
- We think it’s time to update the Regional Cycling Plan, and we want to see cycling become more of a focus when the land transport strategy, plans, and programme are integrated.