Situation Vacant - Project Based Work
The Road User Workshop programme is a programme designed to educate cyclists and professional drivers about sharing the road with each other. The programme, developed and delivered by the Cycling Advocates' Network in cooperation with BikeNZ, is currently funded by the Road Safety Trust and overseen by NZTA. Working alongside other road users including representatives from the transport industry, the programme aims to make New Zealand roads a safer and more pleasant environment for all road users.
The CAN-managed project requires a project manager to assist with the delivery of the remainder of the project through to the end of 2015.
How can you apply? Please forward a current CV and letter of introduction highlighting your related skills and experience, in addition to any restrictions on your availability through December 2015 to email@example.com by: 5pm, Fri 30 May 2014.
RUW Project Manager (average 16 hours/week)
June 2014 to December 2015
Closes: 30 May 2014, 5:00pm
Location - Auckland based requiring flexibility to travel nationally.
This position is responsible for the successful development and delivery of the Road User Workshop programme, in consultation with the transport industry. Knowledge of the transport industry would be an asset. The work involves:
- Stakeholder management, particularly the transport industry including consultation on programme development and resources.
- Manage the development and production of programme resources and handbooks.
- Marketing, booking and set up of workshop sessions nationally including the hiring and scheduling of contractors to deliver booked workshops.
- Assist with some of the workshops held with interested parties.
- Monitor the project budget to achieve the contract milestones, including keeping accurate record of all financial transactions involved with the project, facilitate programme billing, co-approve invoices and report to the CAN Treasurer.
- Monitor and report the progress of the programme, including delivery stats and workshop feedback
- Assist CAN with the selection of other contract staff.
Key Outcomes of the role
- Ensure delivery of road user workshops against road safety trust contract key deliverables.
- Organise and deliver road user national working group with the sector.
- With the sector determine best programme content and delivery models, including details on related costs.
- Prepare monthly progress summaries for the NZTA and submit these to CAN and BikeNZ.
Essential and desirable experience:
- Project management experience.
- Relationship management experience.
- Cycling experience.
- Budgeting experience.
- Transportation industry (HGV driver, trainer, and/or management) experience
- Experience with other road safety initiatives
Pro rata - Salary $72,800 per annum.