WHAT? “Bike!Whangarei”- Public Meeting
WHEN? 6pm Thursday 22 October
WHERE? Brauhaus Frings – 104 Lower Dent St
WHY? Good question!!
A formalstructure is required so Bike!Whangareican champion, coordinate, fundraise and help implement the WDC Walking andCycling Strategy, the Whangarei component of the National Cycleway – andgenerally support cyclists and cycling! This will involve lots of work but will alsoestablish the cycling community’s credibility in our district.
- Apologies!! Yikes. We need 15 inaugural members and $100 to incorporate! (First 10 members get a free beer!)
- Elect office holders: Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer.
- Need to agree purposes and rules for incorporation: Our ideas so far:
I. to develop cycling skills, culture, awareness and facilities in the WhangareiDistrict, and,
II. to promote other forms of active, healthy, sustainable transport, and
III. to build mutually beneficial community relationships, and
IV. to make the Whangarei District a model of innovative and sustainable transport,and,
V. todo anything necessary or helpful to the above purposes.
- Set Membership fee: Affiliate to the Cycling Advocates’ Network (and utilise their membership secretary)? www.can.org.nz CAN fees currently: $15 unwaged, $30 waged, $35 family, or $75 for a supporting organisation (like WDC).
- Agree winding-up rule and quorum: – our suggestion:
I. surplusmoney and other assets shall be distributed to Bike Northland, the CyclingAdvocates Network and Living Streets Aotearoa.
II. Minimumnumber of 12 members for a Society Meeting (AGM or SGM).
Other rules as per the sample set of rules forincorporated societies available at www.societies.govt.nz
- Project Reports:
I. RaumangaStream update. WDC, Rotary, NRC, SportNorthland
II. National Cycleway update. WDC, Enterprise Northland, Tourism NZ
III. Current roading projects: Porowini Ave extension, Spedding Road, Kamo Bypass Stage II,SH1Western Hills Drive widening
IV. Cyclist Skills Training – Sport Northland
- General Business:
I. includingfrequency\venue\time\day of meetings!
II. Other – by agreement of the meeting!
Contact Paul Doherty for more information!! Tel. 436 0033 or Mob. 021189 4797 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org