Do you love cycling? Want more people on bikes, more often? Got a great idea to make cycling in Wellington even better?
Join us.Want to become a CAW member? Join Cycle Advocates Network; if you give your Wellington address you automatically become a member of CAW as well (NB CAW memberships are for a calendar year, with renewals due Dec 31st).
CAW meets 6 - 7.30pm on the first Tuesday of the month (except January).
VENUE - Sustainability Trust, 2 Forresters Lane, off Tory St
Next Meeting: Tuesday 2 June 2015
Cycling is used as a means of transport by most people for some trips each month.
- 80% of people cycle for some trips each month by 2020
- 20% of all trips are by cycle by 2020
- 90% of those who cycle are satisfied with their cycling experience by 2020
- Rates of fatality and injury for cycling are below that for cars (currently 5 per 100 million km) by 2020
- Cycling is perceived as positive by 90% of the general population by 2020
CAW Committee 2014-2015
Chair: James Burgess
Treasurer: Tom Halliburton
Submissions team: Eleanor Meecham, Andy Gow, Alistair Smith
Membership secretary: Hilleke Townsend
Minutes secretary: Alastair Smith
SASTRG reps: David Laing, James Burgess
Business liaison: Sridhar Ekambaram
Fundraising: Jill Ford
Technical team: Brian Wolfman, Ron Beernink (pending changes)
Strategy: Ron Beernink
Fix those cycling black spots:
View Black Spots for Cycling in Wellington in a larger map
Where do you want advanced stop boxes?
View Wellington cycling - advanced stop boxes in a larger map
Where do you want bike parking stands? Map them here.
Looking for the best way to get from A to B? Have you tried the online Journey Planner yet?