Land transport funding trends, issues and options - Engagement to develop the Government Policy Statement on land transport funding
Source:Ministry of Transport (2008)
Land transport funding trends, issues & options
1. The Ministry of Transport has been tasked with helping the government develop a Government Policy Statement (GPS) on land transport funding.
2. The purpose of the GPS is to outline the government’s objectives and funding priorities for the land transport sector for the period 2009/10 to 2015/16. The GPS will outline what the government expects to achieve in the land transport sector over this period, how it will achieve this by funding certain activity levels, and how this funding will be raised.
3. We are seeking your input to assist us in providing advice to the government. We would appreciate your feedback on the following questions:
• How can funding best support achievement of the UNZTS targets?
• Are there transport activities which, in the next three to ten years, should receive more funding so as to make quicker progress towards UNZTS targets?
• What trade-offs can be made in the allocation of funds?
• Are there areas where less funding should be allocated?
• What changes should there be, if any, in the overall level of funding provided for the NLTP?
• What should the sources of any additional funding be?
4. This document provides background information to aid your considerations.
|Land transport funding trends issues options.pdf||78.61 KB|